Mothers Who Know

"Mothers who know" do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord’s kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." ~Julie Beck

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer Daze

I have now finished 9 credits. I did end up signing up for one more class the first week of August so I'll have finished 12 credits before the summer ends but for right now I don't have any.

Kathryn is at girls camp this week. Jessica was camping last Thursday thru Monday.. She rode 4 wheelers and played hard. She was sooooooo dirty when she came home as they didn't have a shower in their trailer that they used.

Rebecca and Steph stayed with Jeff on Friday night. They had fun playing with the boys. Thanks Jeff, Rebecca loves to come to your house and play catch.

On Saturday we had a neighborhood water party/BBQ at the park. It was really fun and I enjoyed sitting and visiting with some of our neighbors. Ryan (the biggest kid of them all) and I had filled over 400 water balloons before we went and then they hooked up hoses and played with more and with the buckets of water. I'm glad that my husband is such a good sport.

Tomorrow night he is going up to girls camp for the night and to help them start fires without matches. He is also going to teach knot tying. Bishop is supposed to help teach also, but he just told Ryan to stay close to him and make him look good. hee hee.

Yesterday I took pictures for Tom and Deena's family reunion. I was really worried but they turned out great and it was really fast. I hope they are as happy with them as I was.

Today I took Stephanie to a pediatric gastro... int... G.I. He is running more blood work and is going to try a different type of medicine and see if that will help the stomach pain. Then we'll see about other tests etc. Oh well. He was really thorough and I liked him.

On Sunday we had the opportunity to go with our friends up Emigration Canyon to Church in the Canyon. They have sacrament meeting up there the Sunday before Pioneer Day every year and then they have donuts and juice. I think donuts is a tradition that we all need to start. It was a really neat meeting and to top it off their ward had just finished a Martin's Cove Trek earlier that week so they were talking about their experiences etc. I'm so grateful for the pioneers that crossed the plains to this wonderful valley. A few weeks ago we had the privlege of going to the This is the Place Monument and Park for a reunion and we had learned so much about their original settlements etc. So this was like icing on the cake. Then afterwards we went to the Randy Braby's parents home for a BBQ and visiting. It was a wonderful Sunday and Randy's parents were so generous to us. Sometimes it is really hard to not have grandparents close.
Thanks guys for inviting us!

1 comment:

Shuman X Seven said...

So much for relaxation HUH?