Mothers Who Know

"Mothers who know" do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord’s kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." ~Julie Beck

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Memory Game

1. Add a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I, or Ryan or one of the kids had together. It doesn't matter if you knew us a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about us, we'll assume you're playing the game and we'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

This post is actually from Kerri, I think Kathryn is starting to have too much fun blogging. hee hee.

6 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

Oh Kerri, where do I start....late night after late night of theatre really allows you to get to know someone well in a very short period of time. Weren't they fun. I remember the very first musical that I think the two of us were both in. I believe it was My Fair Lady. Nobody can pull off a maid costume like you! :) Of course I really got to know you better in Oliver. I thought it was amazing to hear you sing so high. Ripe Strawberries Ripe! Awesome. I really appreciated all of your help on the board. What a team we became. There was a moment when I am not sure if you knew I was watching or not, but I will never forget how pretty you looked and sounded singing with your sister one day around our clavinova. Your voice sounded so gorgeous. I think you were singing, Tell Him (Barbara Streisand)? Anyway, it sounded wonderful.

proud mom! said...

Gee where do I start. There are so many memories. Painting rooms,etc. But I think the most funny is when I slipped on the ice and hit my head on the bumper of the van. Then I put the kids in the van and drove over to your house to find out if I was bleeding...you should have seen your face. We have so many memories..It is hard to pick one. Or there is when you had to come to my house every four hours to watch my kids so that I could go get my antibiotic..Ok, this makes me sound accident prone. I really am not. You were just always willing to help. We also had fun painting your kids rooms..Some how we never painted at my house, just yours. Love ya.

Jennifer said...

I have so many good memories with you and Ryan during our sophomore year at the Y! Do you remember when you and I took our Family Home Evening group to a tuba recital? We told them that we were about to embark on our first cultural event together as a family but we didn't dare tell them where we were going in fear that they wouldn't come. To finish the night, we served rootbeer floats.

I also remember coming home with you to find our room FILLED with torn newspaper! You had invited Ryan to Preference and he answered by telling you that the first clue was on page 5 of the November 6th paper. We then ran around campus following his clues until you finally found the last clue saying, "Yes." Do you remember the bronze Indian sculpture? Very creative.

I also remember Christmas vacation when both Ryan and I were in Seattle visiting our families. I offered to take him horseback riding but discovered that my dad had locked the tack room and had mistakenly taken the key to work with him. So Ryan and I rode horses in our arena with just halters and lead ropes. I laughed so hard when Ryan cantered "Koko" around a corner, lost his balance and fell onto the soft but muddy ground! As always, he was a good sport.

Those were certainly fun times!

Cindi said...

The winter BBQ was definitely a great memory. We really enjoy getting together to play games with you guys. And celebrating Christmas in October was a lot of fun too.

Jenni said...

So many memories, I don't know which to post. So I guess I will post the first two that popped into my head.
The first is the myriad of candy grams and giant cookies delivered on both of our behalves, and the many stealth drive-byes.
The second is our late night penny poker playing, park hopping, chocolate milk drinking adventure.
I just remembered a third, not to be forgotten memory. What about the time we went star gazing, and my mom told us not to leave the valley, but she never said which valley. Oh, the good ol'days! I hope my kids never pull any of the later stunts. If what goes around comes around we're in trouble. I hope this gives you a good chuckle.
p.s. for those of you reading this who didn't know Kerri as a teenager and who don't know me, we really were good kids. Just a little naive and stupid sometimes.

Kerri said...

Jenni M. How am I supposed to answer yours since you don't BLOG! I remember all of the nights. Too many. I think that may be why I've never been in Young Womens. Hee hee.