My friend Cindi posted this list of things that her daughter had learned from Stephanie Meyer and I really thought it hit it right on the nose. I just wish I wouldn't have let Kathryn read this book before I had a chance to. I had read the other books and I didn't realize how intense this book was going to be. These are things that I have to discus with Kathryn now that she has read it.
10. It's OK to lie and hide things from your parents.
9. It's OK to have a boy in your room all night.
8. It's OK to have a boy in your room all night with his shirt off.
7. If you want sex with your boyfriend, beg, beg, and barter.
6. If your boyfriend dumps you, you should do crazy, dangerously suicidal things to get his attention.
5. Just because you have a boyfriend, or a husband, doesn't mean you have to get rid of the ex. Keep him around just in case, dangle him like a puppet on a string. You never know how you're going to need him later.
4. It is important to be beautiful at any cost. It really bothered me at how everyone's jaw drops at Bella's beauty in Breaking Dawn. I was especially disappointed that her father didn't make reference to her old look and tell her he loved her just the way she was.
3. It is OK for a teenage boy to "imprint" on a toddler or an infant. She says it wasn't sexual, but give me a break- that is just WEIRD! If a teenage boy took that kind of interest in my toddler, I'd...never mind.
2. It is OK to obsess over a boy so badly that your world comes to an end, even if you can't function. Where was Bella's father for heaven sakes when, in New Moon, it was labeled with the month and nothing else? Why didn't he take her to a counselor? She needed some serious anti-depressants or something.
1. It is OK for your husband to leave bruises on your body during intimate moments because the pleasure is so great, you won't feel the pain.
I love the books but I don't think that it is geared toward young teenage girls anymore.
I haven't even had a chance to read it yet as I was at school last week and couldn't take the extra time to sit down and read it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
THANK YOU! I was getting hints of these issues starting in the first book and that's why I didn't read the other ones. I'm glad that I'm not going crazy or overly sensitive!
How did your interview go yesterday? I was thinking about you all day. I hope it was a great success!
Thanks for the pineapple upside-down cake. It was so delicious. I haven't had one in years. Yum.
Thanks for the warning! Giovanna had just started to read the book when I read your blog. Fortunately, I stopped her before she got very far. I am really disappointed with Stephanie Meyer! She is fully aware of her audience and yet she writes something like a Harlequin (sp?) novel. I enjoyed the suspense and drama of the first book; I liked the development of Belle's friendship with Jacob in the 2nd book; the 3rd was less interesting and now the 4th book is very inappropriate. It's sad to see a good author succumb to popularity. Thanks again for your warning! I read it in the nick of time.
Amen. I totally agree with you.
Post a Comment