Mothers Who Know

"Mothers who know" do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord’s kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." ~Julie Beck

Friday, August 8, 2008

Another class bites the dust!

So I know that you all have been counting down classes with me this summer and I'll tell you after my last class I was ready to be done taking classes for a while. ( you know about a month) Anyway then I found out that I had been accepted into a Science class at BYU for the 4th-8th. I really didn't want to do it BUT I'm so glad that I did. It was the easiest class that I took this whole summer and now I don't have to take it!! Yippee!

12 Credits DONE! The state had given me 28 credits to take over the three year time period for my licensure and I have finished 16 of them. Only 12 more to go and I should be able to finish it throughout this next school year so I will be done a whole year early! Yippee. I know it isn't exciting to anybody but me but let me tell you I NEVER, EVER, NO Never, ever intended to go back to school when I walked down the hallowed walls of the Marriott Center back in 1995. Mostly because Kathryn was 3 weeks old and Darren was 18 months. (And I figured I'd be busy having babies for the next 50 years!)
Anyway maybe someday I'll have a job to go along with those credits!

2 comments:

Cindi said...

Congratulations! I know you have had a busy summer but it'll be worth it. You're awesome.

Michelle W. Nate said...

Way to go! I am excited for you! It must be tricky going through school with a young family. You can do it. keep up the hard work.