Mothers Who Know

"Mothers who know" do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord’s kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." ~Julie Beck

Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm really not trying to be a complainer!

So today was fun. Ryan and I went to the temple, then to Del Taco for $.49 tacos. I know that I will get a job and I just have to wait so that is why I haven't blogged about it that much.

Today is Back to School Night for my girls and Rebecca's 1st soccer game. She is so excited. She has ALWAYS wanted to play soccer and she came home from school and asked if she could put on her uniform. Not the cleats and shin gaurds just the shorts and shirt. Especially since she still has to go piano lessons first and back to school.
I love Thursdays because Ryan is off so it is perfect that all of her games are on them. I am even letting her miss her piano recital on the 4th of Sep because she only has 7 games and I don't want her to hate piano because she has to miss soccer.
Another funny thing is that she got 2 mosquito bites on her chest and I was teasing her the other night and said that maybe it was chicken pox. Well when I got home from the temple there as a message from the school nurse and by then Rebecca was home so I asked her why the nurse was calling and she told me that she told her teacher that she might have chicken pox so she had to go sit in the office for about 30 minutes and the nurse told her she didn't think it was. I was just teasing her! Don't tell your kids anything that you don't want repeated. If I really thought it was chicken pox I would have kept her home or watched for more. Oh well kids will be kids.

2 comments:

Shuman X Seven said...

How FUNNY! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! I need to go to the temple.

brian said...

Kerri,
We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight. They are new to our ward. Guess what?! One of them is from Preston. He said he was in one of your drama things when he was in 7th or 8th grade. His name is Elder King. Ring any bells?

Jenni