I just had to post this because today 2 separate people made the comment of being able to sleep in the night. Let me clarify one thing. If you are a parent you probably won't ever truly get to sleep all through the night again. Oh, wait make that a mom. Because you may not be feeding, you are waiting for a teenager to get home from a dance, party, or somebody to get home from babysitting. Or you are doing science projects that are due tomorrow that you didn't find out about until 9pm the night before. (no my kids wouldn't ever do that to me?!) And then there is the throwing up in the night. Why can a mom hear someone throwing up through walls, floors, and closed doors but dads don't even roll over? How many times have you laid in bed knowing exactly what kid is HACKING up a lung? (I had to do that!) Then they will move out and leave on missions and go to college and you will lay in bed and worry about them.
Then again I know that Heavenly Father has stayed up many nights with me also. So one thing that I've learned about parenthood is that you sleep when you have a chance but don't count on it being in the night. (It may be through your college class, oops or sacrament meeting (which we learned in conference is okay) or it may be through a movie. Which I do every time. I just tell the kids to wake me up when it is the good parts! Why did I buy tickets to TWILIGHT?))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's exactly what my mom says. I hope you get to sleep sometimes. :)
Russell got a science project kit from Santa two years ago (we've used it occasionaly). Anyway, it has all the supplies that we needed for our experiments today including the magnet bars (which are very small). I hope Rebecca had fun. We sure enjoy her--she's such a sweetie.
Post a Comment