So I haven't blogged for a while, I know, I know. We had a terrific holiday break, lots of family, friends, food, and I brought home my classroom projector so we watched movies on the wall. We went swimming at the Legacy Center, did lots of Christmas shopping, and RELAXED.
Darren had a little party Friday night and they watched Get Smart on the wall. The kids were so funny. They laughed all the way through the movie.
I can't believe that we are in December.
I have finished all of the work for my class, except my final in another week. Then I have the ward Christmas party to worry about, my evaluations and oh yeah, I still have to teach my lovely 5th graders.
Today we have the Science Demo team from Oak Canyon Jr High coming. I hope that they love it! I was the one that pushed for this. I took a science class at BYU last summer from the teachers who run this and I'm so excited! Cindi B. is actually checking out my kids and bringing them over so that they can see it. The professors had given us a DVD showing exactly what they do and seriously this could be the best assembly you ever attend at an elementary school. Mr. Martin is only letting the 5th and 6th graders go so our kids won't have to sit in the back. They do a 60 minute assembly of 42 different science projects/demos. They use fire, lights, sound, chemicals etc. It is completely run by students. Each year they have hundreds of kids apply to be on the team in 9th grade. They take them to Clear Creek for a couple of days and teach them the demos so that it runs like clockwork. Think about it 42 in 60 minutes??! They wear tye-dyed labcoats and they finish it with the principal on a bed of nails or glass depending on the year. It is designed to get kids interested in science. (Especially since we have a science fair in Jan)
Oh well I'd better get going!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment