And the final answer is Riverview Elementary...5th grade.
This morning I accepted a job at Riverview Elementary teaching 5th grade. I interviewed last week with the 2 new principals that are opening up the new schools here in Saratoga. I have a regular contract but since we have 6 5th grade teachers and next year there are only going to be 4 spots I knew that I might be out of luck for teaching 5th grade.
I received an email from the principal yesterday but I really thought it was "thanks for interviewing, I can tell your a good teacher but I'm not going to hire you" email. But to my surprise he called at 10 am this morning and offered me a job. I'm such a dork I didn't even do our plan of telling him that I needed a day to think about it. I just said "OKAY!" I'm really excited. I'm am sad because I love some of the people I work with. And one thing about Saratoga is that I know what to expect. But opening a new school is exciting! The principal told me that when he met me he knew that I would be a great match for the other lady that he hired to teach there also. I'm very excited. Can you tell...
I also feel very grateful that I at least know where I'm going. As Ryan says I am a control freak and I can't stand not knowing what is going on.
Just thought you might like to know:))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow, we are a lot alike! I also freak out when things aren't settled, and I jumped in and said yes instead of asking for a day to think about it, too. :) Excited for you!
Kerri,
That is so exciting! Congratulations!!! That was very smart of you to apply so that you could keep teaching 5th grade.
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll do well at the new school.
I'm so excited for you! I know it's been super stressful when you didn't really know up until right before school started, this has got to be so much more relaxing to know so early!
Post a Comment