1/2 cup butter (I guess you could use marg. but I never would)
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 pkg Pillsbury Plus Devil's Food Cake Mix ( I use better crocker most of the time)
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs
Topping
1 3/4 cups whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
Whole pecans and slivers of chocolate curls if wanted
Heat oven to 325*. In small heavy sauce pan combine butter, cream, and brown sugar. Cook just till butter is melted stirring occasionally. Pour into 2 round cake pans ( I usually spray Pam) sprinkle evenly with pecans.
In large bowl, combine cake mix, water, eggs, and oil at low speed for 2 minutes, spoon over carmel mixture. Bake at 325* for 35-45 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool in pans for 5 minutes... Remove from pans and cool completely.
In another bowl beat whipping cream until ready then add powdered sugar and touch of vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form.
To assemble place 1 layer on serving plate praline side up. Then top with whipping cream.
Then lay other cake on top praline side up. Top with cream. Decorate with whole pecans or chocolate shavings. Or whatever you want. Store in the Fridge.
Note: I always use more cream than asked for. I just mix cream like normal and layer.
So now I've shared my recipe. See what you get when you read my blog:) Happy baking.

1 comment:
That looks AMAZING! I'm going to have to make that really soon...
Post a Comment