So this week I've been taking a social studies methods class. I checked into the hotel on Sunday night. Since the 3 credits costs the same whether you stayed in the hotel or not we opted for the hotel, free breakfast and lunch and all of my books.
It was kind of weird because my roommate wasn't here yet so I stayed in a room all by myself. Don't get me wrong it was nice. I had tv which I am too cheap to pay for so I could just hang out and watch all of the "Charmed" and Law and Order I wanted.
My class was supposed to go from 8:30-4 every day but Monday she let us out at 2. So I didn't really have anything to do but hang out with the people in my class. Ryan stopped by on his way home from work and enjoyed the free 'happy hour drinks and treats'. Then I opted to go ahead and write my first paper for my class because I felt like I was wasting time.
Tuesday my teacher again let us out early so I opted to drive home and pick up my girls and bring them back so we could go swimming. It was really fun. We raced all over the pool, played Marco/Polo and Colors. Then we enjoyed free happy hour and Ryan came and picked them up and took the van so that they could go to New Mexico for his sister's wedding.
Once again I went ahead and did homework. Wednesday she let us out before they even served lunch. This was designed so that we could work on our assignments. Low and Behold by 2 I was completely done with all of the assignments for these 3 credits. So my roommie and I went shopping at the mall. I found girls jeans on sale at Mervyns for 6 bucks (LEVIS) so I bought 6 pairs of jeans for $39. Then we went into JC Penneys and I got Rebecca and Steph a couple of shirts for the first day of school. I know it isn't for a couple of months but when you send 5 kids to school it is lots easier to spread out the sticker shock. Then we went to Mimi's Cafe for dinner and then sat in the hot tub.
Today we had a great class, even greater knowing that I can sit and enjoy knowing that tomorrow I can go to class again and then I will be done with nothing left to work on! Waahoo! Not only that I was on my own this afternoon so I've been watching tv and catching up on everybodies blogs.
I assume that Lana got married and that they are on their way home from New Mexico. Tomorrow we are going to the Orme family reunion. It should be really fun and I can't complain about camping as I have stayed in a hotel all week. Since we are too cheap for cell phones and Digis still hasn't fixed our home phone I don't really know for sure what they are doing.
I wish all of my college classes were like this one. At least I will have the same professor in 2 weeks for my technology class. But alas no free hotel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm glad you had a good week. It sounds busy but fun.
Kerri- I really wish I would have taken that class now! I still don't know how I would have justified it, since I don't teach social studies, but it sure sounded like fun. I will be gald when we can visit next week. Too bad the hotel didn't come after the campnong trip! Don't worry, I have plenty we need to catch up on..... Shannon
Kerri- I'm glad I checked in on your blog. I was just getting ready to call you. We canceled our trip. I just couldn't justify spending $1200 on gas when I still need to get some food storage. I'm thinking I might try to sneak up there for a couple of days in September for my Grandma;s b-day. Call me when your phone is working again.
Post a Comment