Mothers Who Know

"Mothers who know" do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord’s kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." ~Julie Beck

Saturday, June 14, 2008

One class done!

This week I had to go to school. I took a Diversity class. It was 3 credits and met every day from 8-4 in SLC. Hoorrah! it is done. I'm only taking 9 credits so I'm 1/3 done for the summer. It was fun to take a class in such a hurry, and not have other things to worry about. I wish I could do all of my classes like this. Hee Hee.
Darren had a great time at Stake Youth conference. Thanks to the MANY leaders that planned and carried out this activity. I just wish more people in our ward had attended. We only had 4. It is too bad when leaders design a conference to help build testimonys and then the kids don't attend. I remember all of my youth conference experiences and my EFY experiences while I was growing up and I know that it has helped me as an adult.
The girls kind of had free reign of the house this week so we have to get working today.

4 comments:

Cindi said...

Congratulations on finishing your class. That's got to feel good.

KMJ said...

Glad you are 1/3 done Kerri. I just heard Rebecca's message. I am glad she is signed up for soccer. She said for me not to forget to tell the boys. So cute. Did she get my letter and did you get the pictures I sent? When is the class you stay at a hotel in South Jordan? June sometime I think.

Shuman X Seven said...

HOORAY!!!

Kerri said...

This is a test.