This weekend has been so fun! Yesterday Ryan and I had to do sealings at 6am so we had left early. Then we came home and took the 3 little girls with us. Darren and Kathryn were at ward youth conference so we took Ryan's little car and went out! We hit some garage sales---then hit Lowes. The girls ended up making perascopes at the free building workshop. They loved that. Then we bought more manure and seeds for our garden boxes. yikes we had the little car. By the time we had loaded up we didn't have any room to do our grocery shopping.
We ran into costco and picked up a few things that we could pack around the girls and the we came home. We worked on weeding the beds and we planted some rose bushes that we bought at Lowes also. Then we ended up having a water fight. Like I've said before my husband is a really big kid. Yes I ended up wet, yes I was the one with the hose while Ryan had a gallon pitcher and the girls had their supersoakers (Thanks Aunt Em). Then after cleaning up Ryan and I drove back to Smiths and we did our grocery shopping. I bought all kinds of good things to eat today as it is Mom's day.
Darren and Kathryn came home, Kathryn was FRIED! Nobody had even thought to take sunscreen. Including me. I knew better than to send my redhead to Aspen Grove with no sunscreen even though it is only May. Oh well she said it was worth it because they had a great time. I am grateful for leaders who plan such awesome activities for my teenagers.
This morning the kids made breakfast. I went ahead and took a bath and was reading while I waited. Then Rebecca came up to tell me that I needed to get out of the tub because my breakfast was ready and if I didn't get out then they would have to watch me it in the tub! Yikes that is a scary thought. I got out immediately.
This year they made crepes with strawberries and cream, hot choco, hash browns with onions and peppers, lime-aid to drink. It was DELICIOUS! Even the kitchen wasn't that bad of a mess that I had to clean up later. Actually the girls told Darren that he had to clean it up because he didn't get up to help them. Then I cleaned it with Jessica's help.
At church the primary kids sang. I never realized that Jessica was the tallest kid in primary! They were cute. Then the young men and young women sang "Teach me to Walk in the light"
The young men sang the second verse and Darren sang loud and clear. Sorry other moms but If Darren wouldn't have been singing you wouldn't have been able to hear any words. But Darren was right on pitch and he sounded great. Kathryn sounded fine also.
Now I'm sitting on the couch while Ryan and Darren make ginger beef.
Oh well once again I've been spoiled. All of my girls made me cute cards and fun gifts! Once again I'm left feeling like I am not really that good of a mom. There are so many things that I don't do consistently and even though I have really great kids they are that way inspite of me not because of me. This year has been the worst because I feel so guilty working. Don't get me wrong I know that I'm doing what I'm supposed to do right now. And our intentions are that of getting out of debt so that we can support and missionary. But after 15 years of staying home it is still weird to work full-time.
Anyway I hope you have all had great days also. Only a couple weeks of school left then we are on summer vacation. Too bad I have to take 9 credits! Hopefully I will have a job for next year. I did interview last Monday and Mr. Martin said he would get back to me later this week. Kerri
We ran into costco and picked up a few things that we could pack around the girls and the we came home. We worked on weeding the beds and we planted some rose bushes that we bought at Lowes also. Then we ended up having a water fight. Like I've said before my husband is a really big kid. Yes I ended up wet, yes I was the one with the hose while Ryan had a gallon pitcher and the girls had their supersoakers (Thanks Aunt Em). Then after cleaning up Ryan and I drove back to Smiths and we did our grocery shopping. I bought all kinds of good things to eat today as it is Mom's day.
Darren and Kathryn came home, Kathryn was FRIED! Nobody had even thought to take sunscreen. Including me. I knew better than to send my redhead to Aspen Grove with no sunscreen even though it is only May. Oh well she said it was worth it because they had a great time. I am grateful for leaders who plan such awesome activities for my teenagers.
This morning the kids made breakfast. I went ahead and took a bath and was reading while I waited. Then Rebecca came up to tell me that I needed to get out of the tub because my breakfast was ready and if I didn't get out then they would have to watch me it in the tub! Yikes that is a scary thought. I got out immediately.
This year they made crepes with strawberries and cream, hot choco, hash browns with onions and peppers, lime-aid to drink. It was DELICIOUS! Even the kitchen wasn't that bad of a mess that I had to clean up later. Actually the girls told Darren that he had to clean it up because he didn't get up to help them. Then I cleaned it with Jessica's help.
At church the primary kids sang. I never realized that Jessica was the tallest kid in primary! They were cute. Then the young men and young women sang "Teach me to Walk in the light"
The young men sang the second verse and Darren sang loud and clear. Sorry other moms but If Darren wouldn't have been singing you wouldn't have been able to hear any words. But Darren was right on pitch and he sounded great. Kathryn sounded fine also.
Now I'm sitting on the couch while Ryan and Darren make ginger beef.
Oh well once again I've been spoiled. All of my girls made me cute cards and fun gifts! Once again I'm left feeling like I am not really that good of a mom. There are so many things that I don't do consistently and even though I have really great kids they are that way inspite of me not because of me. This year has been the worst because I feel so guilty working. Don't get me wrong I know that I'm doing what I'm supposed to do right now. And our intentions are that of getting out of debt so that we can support and missionary. But after 15 years of staying home it is still weird to work full-time.
Anyway I hope you have all had great days also. Only a couple weeks of school left then we are on summer vacation. Too bad I have to take 9 credits! Hopefully I will have a job for next year. I did interview last Monday and Mr. Martin said he would get back to me later this week. Kerri

No comments:
Post a Comment