What a beautiful night. We took Darren's friends Madison and Julie with us and we went to Olive Garden to dinner. Then we drove out to Orem and waited for the ceremony to begin. The speakers were motivational and then they announced the winners of some of the scholarships. Darren earned the Centennial Scholar $1000 money for graduating as a Jr. we have known all along that he would get this money but it was nice that they called him up and honored him as a junior graduating early. Afterwards we came back to the house and ate carrot cake from Costco. Ryan and I gave Darren a big laundry tub full of all kinds of kitchen things that he can use next year, from random spices, to a rice cooker, and cheese grater... Darren sat and cried as he realized that he really is leaving home. Darren wasn't the only one crying. He is such an awesome kid. I've never been disappointed with him. I'm sad to see him move out but I'm excited for his new adventure. He is going to love Snow College and being on his own. Yes as I have been telling people for the past few weeks I am old enough to have a son in college.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Class of 2011
What a beautiful night. We took Darren's friends Madison and Julie with us and we went to Olive Garden to dinner. Then we drove out to Orem and waited for the ceremony to begin. The speakers were motivational and then they announced the winners of some of the scholarships. Darren earned the Centennial Scholar $1000 money for graduating as a Jr. we have known all along that he would get this money but it was nice that they called him up and honored him as a junior graduating early. Afterwards we came back to the house and ate carrot cake from Costco. Ryan and I gave Darren a big laundry tub full of all kinds of kitchen things that he can use next year, from random spices, to a rice cooker, and cheese grater... Darren sat and cried as he realized that he really is leaving home. Darren wasn't the only one crying. He is such an awesome kid. I've never been disappointed with him. I'm sad to see him move out but I'm excited for his new adventure. He is going to love Snow College and being on his own. Yes as I have been telling people for the past few weeks I am old enough to have a son in college.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Way to go Darren!!
I can't believe that sweet little baby boy of yours has graduated. It makes me teary eyed too.
Way to go Darren!
Hooray! You did it Darren!
Post a Comment