Mothers Who Know

"Mothers who know" do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord’s kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." ~Julie Beck

Sunday, March 1, 2009

My White Knight


I have to tell you I thoroughly enjoy being married to Ryan. He is my best friend. I know we tease him about the 'chainmail' armor that he made but I truly love being married to this guy.
He works so hard for our family and my kids love to be around him. Late at night when we go upstairs they like to come into our room. Someone will yell "the hotel is open" and all of a sudden we have 5 kids/teenagers climbing all over our bed. Then we can't get them out. It is so nice to know that all of our kids love us and want to be with us.
I'm excited for our trip. The idea of being alone for 5 days is WONDERFUL! Anyway I thought I'd post this even though Ryan doesn't read blogs.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Wow - it looks like Ryan finally finished his chain mail. Cudos to him!!!

Marguerite said...

Have fun on your trip, relax, play, and read (for fun not for school or work)! Can't wait to see the photos.

Jenni said...

I'm jealous! I love how your family looks out for each other and loves to be around each other. Send all pointers my way PLEASE! Have fun on your trip, take lots of pictures, and post as soon as you get home.

KMJ said...

yes Kerri, just I say what your sweet sister Marguerite said as well as your sweet friend Jenni. They really are a great family, Jenni, I agree!

KMJ said...

The picture of Ryan rocks!

Shuman X Seven said...

Can't wait to see the blog update of your trip!! It is nice to have a wonderful hisband (even with their unquenesses..that is what makes them great!!) isn't it??? Have a wonderful trip.... don't forget to wear some good shoes!!!