Mothers Who Know

"Mothers who know" do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord’s kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." ~Julie Beck

Sunday, September 28, 2008

EIGHT IS GREAT!!




Well we had Rebecca's party yesterday. She had nearly 15 kids come and Ryan entertained them with soccer drills, soccer golf, relay races and then the pinata!
Kathryn decorated her cake. It turned out so cute! It was really fun. My mom brought my nephews over and then the 4 of them stayed the night and we loved visiting with her and also going to the General RS meeting.
I can't believe that my baby is going to be 8 on Thursday. We went through and planned her baptism program. Grandma and Aunt Teresa are giving talks, grandpa and I are giving prayers, Eric and Jeff are going to wittness (okay guys?) Her old primary teacher is going to lead the music so I think I've gotten off easy!
It is on Saturday October 11 at 10:20 at our stake center. Everyone is invited. We always have food afterwards. (What do you think, we are Hackings does it look like we never eat???? )
We had ward conference today. It was a very spiritual meeting. I am resolving to do better. I have gotten so lazy. It is a good thing that I have good kids because their actions are great even though their mom isn't a wonderful example. The other night Darren's leader came up to me and said," I bet you get really tired of hearing what a great kid your son is but I have to tell you, He is Awesome. I love having him as a president." I do hear it a lot but I can tell you he just is an awesome kid and Heavenly Father made him that way inspite of his parents. When we almost lost him we found that there was a purpose for him, maybe it is to teach his mom how to be a better mom. But my girls are just as great. I watch other kids or even students in my class and some of their actions truly surprise me because I have been totally spoiled by having well behaved and great kids. I need to be sure and tell them of this more often.
Rebecca went up to the stake president today and asked him if he had any more tickets to General Conference. She told him that she was going to be 8 this week and she would love to go to conference. He had her write her name and number and how many tickets we needed and he would try to round up some for her. What kid is even thinking about stuff like that when they are 8?

7 comments:

JessieC said...

That cake is SOOO cute! I don't think I could do that! Way to go Kathryn! Sounds like a great time, I agree, eight is great!

Cindi said...

Happy Birthday, Rebecca. Cool cake. :)

Michelle W. Nate said...

Love the cake. Such talent! Happy Birthday!

Cindi said...

It is so weird to see another "cindi" on here!! Happy birthday Rebecca. Kathryn, you did a great job on the cake. Kerri, add me to your list: arno217@alpine.k12.ut.us

Shuman X Seven said...

AWESOME CAKE!!!! Happy Birthday Becka! It is kind'a nice having great chidlren isn't it?

Jenni said...

I wish I could go to Rebecca's baptism. It's going to be so great. Do you know how lucky you are to live where you do? That is one of my goals to go to General Conference before I die. This year we were asked to walk in the Moorpark Country Days Parade, and help in the Prop.8 booth during the Saturday sessions of conference. So please pray that all these people will feel the spirit and have the courage to stand up for the truth, so that they can feel the peace that comes from choosing the right. I'm bummed because I love Saturday Conference, and I'm just don't pay as close attention when it's recorded because I know I can always rewind it. When you posted on Darren's birthday, I remember your scary ordeal and I remembered how even when Darren was a baby you could the strength of his spirit. Sorry my thoughts are pretty scattered these days. Miss you!

Brimhalls said...

Fun blog! Kathryn, that is an AWESOME cake. Please put me as a blog visitor too!