Mothers Who Know

"Mothers who know" do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord’s kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." ~Julie Beck

Monday, September 22, 2008

Anything Good?

I have to do a science fair project and I was wondering if any of you guys have done a good one. It is due January 5 or 6. I also want an easy one, something I don't have to stress so much I can't sleep at night. So I would really appreciate it if you would post a comment to on a great/easy science project. Thanks a ton, Kathryn

4 comments:

Cindi said...

When I was in 7th grade, I did a science fair project on baldness (my dad's idea). I called everyone I knew and everyone in the Vernal phone book to ask them questions about whether they were bald, if their dad and grandfathers were bald. Most people thought it was a prank phone call. But I won and went to state where I won 2nd place. :)

I still can't believe I did it though because I was SO shy then.

Good luck. Science projects are fun. :)

Jennifer said...

A couple ideas: (1) Are kids of tall parents more likely to be tall? Form a hypothesis, then carefully measure several families and write a conclusion about whether your hypothesis is correct or not.

(2) Show how yeast works by baking one loaf of bread with it and one without it. Then give some history about yeast.

Good luck!

brian said...

Joshua did one last year in four grade. "The effects of wildfires on plant growth". It was really easy and he won first prize. I can't tell you all the details right now because I've got to go work in Katie's class. Call me if you interested.

Jenni

Shuman X Seven said...

I have some neat science project options, Give me a call, and I can give you some ideas.