Mothers Who Know

"Mothers who know" do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord’s kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." ~Julie Beck

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring Break!!

Okay so our official spring break started on Friday night. I slept through the redbox videos that Ryan had brought home (but that isn't uncommon). Then Saturday Kathryn, Darren and I worked out at the Legacy Center. Ryan and I took the 3 little girls to Provo for the BYU spring football scrimmage. We were coming out of Target and Stephanie noticed a nail in the side wall of the back tire so we ended up having to buy a new tire at Costco and didn't make it to the game.
Darren had a dance and Kathryn was going to babysit so we came home and tried to watch the movies again. I think I have officially made it through Enchantment. I loved it.

On Sunday Rick came over for dinner and hung out with us for a few hours. It was really fun.

Yesterday we loaded up and we had a movie day. It was $.50 day at Movies 8 so we saw Natl. Treasure 2 and then went and had pizza at costco and then went back and watched Spiderwick (except Rebecca got scared so she and I went to The Chipmunks) When you have a family of 7 it is a great deal to go to a double feature for $7.00! Then we stopped at Crispy Cremes and the kids took in their report cards and got a couple dozen donuts (they give a free donut for each A up to six). Then we stopped at the Legacy Center and went swimming. We got home at about 10pm. It was a FUN day.

This morning we had dentist appointments and got our teeth cleaned. Everyone did really well, EXCEPT Kathryn she is in big trouble because she had two cavities but they were able to fill them this afternoon so we didn't have to make appointments.

Then I took Rebecca, Stephanie and Jessica to the Gateway and we went to the Discovery Zone. It was really fun for Becks and Steph. Jess was kind of old for it. Oh well I had 4 free tickets and we parked in Ryan's slot for free so the only cost was our lunch. Which was Mango salads at Costa Vida! I love that place!!!
Tomorrow we are having an at home day. Then on Thursday we are going rock climbing at the legacy center. My girls have been dying to go rock climbing so Ryan had promised them during spring break so we going!

3 comments:

JessieC said...

Sounds like fun. You guys have been busy.

Jeremy B said...

Ditto to Jessie's comment. It looks like those passes to the Legacy Center are getting used.

Natalie Kay said...

YAY! Thanks for the comment! I love the Legacy Center! (Have you ever noticed my picture on the wall? haha!)