Mothers Who Know

"Mothers who know" do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord’s kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." ~Julie Beck

Sunday, October 10, 2010

PERFECTION!

Some days just turn out perfect... I know that is silly but I'll tell you last night our family had so much fun. Rebecca had saved some of her birthday budget so we could go to the BYU Women's soccer game and to cheap dinner.
So last night we drove over to Orem and went to Arctic Circle and the kids had $.60 hamburgers, corn dogs and/or french fries. (I've said it before we are cheap, no drinks, or anything else.) Darren paid $2 more so he could have extras but even including his the total it was $12 then I had won free yogurts on my friend Sharla's blog so we went there and dove right in. It was yummy but it would have been VERY expensive. They charge $.44 cents an ounce so the one that Rebecca and I had was .95 pounds about $5 but the one that Kathryn and Stephanie had would have cost over $12. Everyone elses fell between that range but like I said we had won them so we weren't worried and we loaded on nuts and expensive heavy items. YUM!
At that point the football game was just getting out so we drove up the street, got parking right in front and walked over to the Smith Field House Stadium. Now 20 years ago my roommate Ally was on the soccer team, so we went to all of the home games, she was the top scorer so it was really fun to watch, BUT since then they have built a stadium, put in real turf and it was so cool. Then to top it off BYU is ranked #9 in the NCAA. We had brought coats and blankets and we were donned in BYU blue. The place was packed! There were so many people there. And it was incredible to watch. Rebecca and Steph got to give Cosmo high fives and Rebecca was wearing her medal that she had gotten earlier at her last game so he was noticing that. Then after we won the fans line the fence and the players come and give high fives to the fans. The other great thing about it was that a family ticket was $15. That is just more than $2 a person for our family. Ryan kept saying this is so much more fun than I ever imagined. (for Ryan that is really good)
So except for gas, and including Darren's extra 2 we paid less than $30 for a family date night. Wahoo! Like I said it was near perfection...I love having teenagers. We joked and kidded all night. I love my family.
http://www.byucougars.com/uploads/graphics/soccer_w/2010/stacy.jpg

1 comment:

Momnerd said...

That's great! I'm so glad you had a good night. And that is WAY cheap for a family of 7!