We had such a great month of April that was finished off by the school choir concert on the 29th. Mr. Martin had asked for teachers to volunteer to lead the choir and nobody would. I finally said that I would help somebody do it, at the end of October he came to Leah and I and asked us to have a Christmas concert ready?! Yeah right! Anyway we put together a couple of songs and then Leah found out she was prego and sick and backed out. That left me and in January we started a full fledge choir. We had 90 kids sign up and pay to come on Thursday afternoons and I was in the thick of it. Luckily Kathryn volunteered to help me and boy was she awesome. She would ride the bus to my school and have everything set up and organized each week for practice.
We picked music from Broadway musicals (of course) and invited the chimes choir to accompany "Tender Shepard" from Peter Pan. It turned out beautiful. The kids did great. Children never cease to amaze me when push comes to shove. It has been 5-6 years since I directed my last musical. And it made me remember why I did it:)
We are pushing Mr. Martin into doing a kids show next spring and I have an army of teachers that have offered to help.
This week is Hope of America at BYU. It is designed for 5th graders and is an awesome opportunity for them to gain patriotism for our wonderful country. A lot of things happen in our government that aren't right but our students really are the future of America and it is important for them to gain a love for our country. I hope that everyone that has a 5th grader performing takes the opportunity to go it. You will never forget it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment