Mothers Who Know

"Mothers who know" do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord’s kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." ~Julie Beck

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jessica Marie






Jessica is my quiet daughter that stays out of the lime-light most of the time. When Stephanie was born and loved princesses immediately Jessica didn't like them because she didn't want to impose of Stephanie's love. But truly Jessica loves princesses and last night she looked like one. She borrowed a dress from my friend that made her look gorgeous and Kathryn did her hair in an updo. She glowed all night. It was a time for her to be with just Ryan and I and be rewarded for all of her hard work in earning her Young Womenhood Medallion. She worked quietly and quickly on all of her projects including one that stretched her VERY far. She is very shy and struggles talking with people she doesn't know and Jessica went and visited each new beehive and talked to them in their homes and asked questions so that she could get to know them better. This was VERY outside of her element. She also had to read the entire Book of Mormon. We are so proud of her and her accomplishments. We love having Jessica in our family and appreciate everything she does for us.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

So exciting you absolutely looked like the princess that you literally are!! Thanks Jessica for your example.

Totally random-But I LOVE the quote you have from Sister Beck on the top of your blog I think I might copy!

Rheanna said...

Jessica looks gorgeous-as always! She is such an amazing Young Women!

David said...

I was so pleased to see Jessica there last night to receive her YW Medallion. She is a complete joy to watch and it is obvious she has been taught well, and has chosen to be obedient to gospel truths. I love the example she sets for all the young women of of our stake.

Liz said...

What an example you are Jessica. We love you so much. You look so beautiful in your dress. I am glad that you had such a great night. We miss you!!!

From all the little Hunt's in Huntville said...

She did look so very beautiful! She is such great example to all the girls. I am so glad I get to know her!