Mothers Who Know

"Mothers who know" do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord’s kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." ~Julie Beck

Monday, January 24, 2011



Sometimes I feel like I post many of the same things. Well today is one of those days. I remember when all of my kids were in primary. It was a huge accomplishment. I felt like Darren was so old and I watched Rebecca go to Sunbeams so happily. When Darren turned 12 I was really excited for him to be growing up and heading to young mens. Well, this week Stephanie will turn 12 and I will have 4 kids in mutual. I can't believe how fast they grow. Darren has decided to go to Snow College next year. He has been offered some scholarship money and he is busily filling out housing applications and more scholarship applications. Kathryn is going to be 16 in a couple of months and ready to have her license and be more independent.
It seems that time just moves faster and faster each year. Jessica is over 5'8" and is looking more and more grown up all the time. This is the first year that Stephanie and Rebecca have come to my school. It has been so fun. Rebecca waits outside my room to give me a hug each day and they come with me every morning. I am glad to have more involvement in what they are doing in school this year.
I love my family so much. The tender blessings that we have been blessed with never cease to amaze me.

4 comments:

Utah Mom said...

I saw all the middle school kids waiting for the bus the other morning and there was Jessica, a head taller than all the other kids. She is so awesome and beautiful. We all love her. It's actually hard to believe that Stephanie hasn't already been in mutual for the last few years. She's just so mature. And my kids are in love with Kathryn. I'm so grateful that I can leave them all day with her and not worry at all. We love you.

Kerri said...

She had a good time with them. Lucy and Mary cracked her up.

Deena said...

What beautiful kids!!! They are great!

KMJ said...

I must agree with Deena. Great looking kiddos.