Mothers Who Know

"Mothers who know" do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord’s kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." ~Julie Beck

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Performances gallore

One thing I love and hate about December is the craziness it creates with performances. So these first few are of Darren's acapella and Madrigal group at Temple Square. My sister in law Liz and Anya came with us to see the lights and them sing.
This last week my elementary school had our choir and chimes concert. Most schools don't have the chance to have a 'chimes' choir but ours chooses 13 kids to perform and it is fantastic. Stephanie has had a great time doing this and their director is my dear friend and talented lady Janeal (From Preston, no less small world) so for the last 2 concerts we have done one number together with the chimes accompanying the choir. It is really cool.
I have been in charge of the choir for the last year and a half and I love it:) Kathryn has come and volunteered her time after school and is learning to be a great conductor. She hasn't taken choir the last 2 years because of dance company so at least this gives her a chance to be around the music. Since this is the first year that my girls have been at my school as you can see Rebecca is in choir with me and she even had to sing a small solo that the principal assigned her to.





















2 comments:

Janeal said...

I love this post! I know what you mean, December concerts are exhausting! I love having Stephanie in my chime group, she is a doll.

Utah Mom said...

You're all so cute. I should have come. It sounds like it was a fun concert.