Yes... it is true the summer has come to an end.
I can't believe how much we crammed into our summer vacation.
Darren 9 weeks at Camp Maple Dell. He loved teaching canoeing, life saving and swimming... Hi-lights were the nights he spent in the canoe on the lake, diving into the lake to scrape his hips and chest on the rocks, and helping struggling swimmers. He loved going on trek and his personal favorite was getting to baptize Alex. His Eagle Court of Honor is Sat. Sept 4th anyone is welcome to join us celebrate our only son.
Kathryn, EFY in Orem was one of her favorites. She went with her friend Courtney and they stayed with Ricky and Amy and attended classes all day long at UVU. I have been talking about EFY their entire lives but it is something you have to experience to truly understand. SHE LOVED IT! She also had a great time at girls camp and on trek. She spent MANY, MANY, MANY hours babysitting this summer. If you ask what she has to show for it, she will say a laptop, school clothes and other fun items...
Jessica had a blast at girls camp. She was excited to climb the 5 foot wall. I know that doesn't sound impressive but she is so scared of heights that it kills her. She also went to Jeff's house during trek and enjoyed watching 'chick flicks' with him while he recovered from surgery.
Stephanie partied it up in Kaysville with Sam and Treva for a week. She got to see Sam finish the ragnar in Park City and ride a ski lift. She became an expert on phineas and ferb (?) and Sarah would ask her are you tired while she would fall asleep during episodes. She also went to Clear Creek with me for a week. She had a blast!
Rebecca spent trek with Jeff and her side kick cousins. She had various activities and is excited that soccer has started again.
I (yes that is me Kerri) took the 3 girls to the ward campout for 2 nights by myself. For all of you who know me that is BIG. I don't camp. I also worked at Clear Creek summer camp for 2 weeks, went on Trek, 4 days of district institute, 3 days of CORE academy, and 2 days of history Cohort.
We had Teresa and Eric and Rachel for the 4th of July, Visited with Denny and Heather and the boys in June, went to Richfield for a night to meet my mom and her family. And played with Kami (Ryan's sister from Ohio), Brent and Roberta and boys, and Deena and Tom for many evenings of dinners etc.
Usually my summer consists of cleaning out bedrooms and deep cleaning my house... yeah that didn't happen this summer. And I think we will live. My RS president years ago told us that when our kids leave home we will have plenty of time to clean our house but when they are home we need to play with them and build relationships... I totally agree. My kids are getting so old and I am grateful that they want to hang out with me and play. I love having teenagers that want their old, fat mom hanging around. We have had passes to the Legacy Ctr this summer so we've spent countless hours in the pool and at Zumba classes. And we've had movie days and shopping days.
Are we ready to go back to school? Is anyone EVER ready to go back to school? It is time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I agree, the summer has been busy and flown by! You guys are awesome and I'm glad you had such a good summer. Good luck going back to school.
Sounds like a very busy, fun filled summer! Glad you and your family had a great time.
Your new students are so lucky to get you as their teacher! Good luck this year!
Post a Comment