
I am the luckiest person in the world. I have the opportunity of being the mom to Kathryn Cherry. Kathryn was a scheduled C-section for April 6th. I figured it would be a great birthday date to have while she was growing up. She was born exactly 3 weeks prior to my graduation from the BYU dance department. I don't think anyone else had or probably hasn't ever graduated from there with 2 kids. She was born on a Thursday and like clockwork I was checked out of the hospital on Sunday afternoon and went back to school on Monday morning because it was the last full week of classes. She was a tempermental readhead named after Ryan's mom who had died before I met Ryan. We had thought that she would go by Kathy but she is definitly a KATHRYN and has been ever since. She hated her car seat and would SCREAM anytime she was in a car or even put in her seat.
She was an orphan in Annie when she was 4 and when Meri came to help do her hair she said "NO, Were you in the play Annie, I didn't think so" My brother Jeff likes to repeat that line because she really did some funny things.

She is a PERFECTIONIST! Anyone who knows her knows this but Kathryn is one of the hardest workers I have ever known in my whole life. She puts 110% into everything she is doing.
When she was older she played Clara in the Nutcracker and was BEAUTIFUL. She danced with so much grace and her stage presence is divine and demanding. It is too bad that she doesn't care for the drama teacher at Westlake because Kathryn is a NATURAL.
She has a beautiful testimony. I can't believe that she is 15. She has been my biggest help since I went to work and had to go back to school. Last summer we had the chance to go to Cali with the other girls and Kathryn was so much fun to drive and visit with. I love to take her places with me and I love that she likes to be around me:) I can't imagine her not being around for me to play with. I have been so proud to be her mom. And we love her so much. Happy Birthday:)


2 comments:
Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday Kathryn!!!!!! We love you and miss you and hope you have a fabulous 15th year of life!!! Start saving your baby-sitting money so you can come and visit us. :0)
We love Kathryn too. I hope she had a great birthday.
Post a Comment