Mothers Who Know

"Mothers who know" do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord’s kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." ~Julie Beck

Saturday, June 6, 2009

MAY

Okay I know May was just one of those months that maybe we'd want to forget:

Ryan- work, work, trenched our backyard (that is as far as it has gotten), planted fruit trees, 17th Anniversary

Kerri- Hope of America, CRT testing, Last 2 classes for my licensure (I'm done!), 17th Anniversary, Mother's Day, 37th birthday, report cards, Teresa visit, Mom visit, Jon visit, moved out of classroom, job interviews, finished a school year, ward party

Darren- Got ready to go work at Scout camp for summer, choir concerts, 9th grade graduation, basketball tournament, CRT tests, finished school.

Kathryn- Babysat, CRT tests, Choir concerts, finished school, helped with my classroom, my class dvd and played

Jessica- 6th grade graduation, opera for kids by kids, choir concert, spelling bee, CRT testing, finished school.

Stephanie- choir concert, CRT tests, finished school, attended like 6 different birthday parties

Rebecca- CRT tests, finished school, went to everyone elses performances, registered for soccer next fall

Obviously we had a month of running around like crazy. We are glad to have it over and done with. This week Darren has been gone and we have painted a couple of rooms, cleaned out some bedrooms and slept:)

3 comments:

proud mom! said...

You painted without me. That wasn't very nice. We had good times when we painted together. Hope you had some fun. Miss you guys.

Kerri said...

Don't worry I thought of you in every stroke. But you were in Cali so I guess it is even. I miss you too. Especially the late night trips to Walmart:)

Janeal said...

Kerri, YAY!!!! I just read the email from Mr. Martin. That is wonderful news, I'm so happy for you! Hope you're enjoying your summer, see ya soon!